Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mania!

So in the Sponbeck household we have a new tradition. You see for Christmas this year Santa brought a gift that is called a Wii. It's pretty awesome. We have been figuring out as a family how to incorporate this gift into our lives, and by the looks of it we have a tradition coming on. You see for the past, well since Christmas every Sunday night my mom, my dad, and myself have all gathered around and played a few games a bowling and tennis. It's actually a lot of fun. And the parental units are actually getting pretty good at it. As you are about to find out, tonight I thought I would write about tonights game and how things shaped up.

So tonight started out just about like any other night with the Wii, I had just won at tennis against mom. But this one was good because she scored and did really good. She is getting pretty good at the backhand, and even had like 3 or so fast serves. She did really good, then we jumped into the real competition a bowling match. We usually have to play at least 2 games to settle the real champ though as most of our games are pretty close. Tonight you get 3. The first one started out like usual, Dad was in the lead I was a close second and Mom was hoping for her miracle comeback again which happens WAY to often! I don't know how the heck she does it, but she comes out of nowhere for 3 or 4 strikes at the end of the game to beat us by 2 pins. Anyway we can't let this happen. So the first game, I just pulled ahead in the 8th frame, and we were heading down to it when here comes Mom again. Spare, strike, 9 pins down. Anyway SHE WON! Oh my heck. Dad and I didn't know what to do. She was doing her usual cheer, while jumping. Chanting her "Open, open, open" as I left another frame open. So frustrating.

Well I can't have that, we gotta go again. So we do, this time we'll pick things up from the 5th frame where Dad goes crazy. I am getting killed, I seem to have lost my magic and have 4 open frames, when dad goes on a rampage. Count this with me, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike, Strike! 8 Strikes in a row! I didn't know what just happened! Did I just lose again? This time to dad? I had to keep some of the pride that was so low, and just beat mom by 2 pins after another miracle comeback. What's going one around here I wonder? Dad just posted a 245, and blew our old record out of the water. I am dumbstruck, Mom begs for one more.

3rd game. I'm thinking I can't lose again, three times in one night to people who should be technologically challenged? As you can see they are not challenged but are in fact quite hip. So anyway, I need to win. From the start it's a close one, we'll just pick up from the 9th frame where I am winning by 8 pins. When I bowl, and get 8 down. I have 2 standing on the right side. So I line myself up, shoot, and MISSED! OPEN FRAME! NOOOOO! I am so close, mom and Dad both bowl in the 10th and are winning. Mom has 167, Dad has 165, and I am battling for either first or last place. It all comes down to if I can spare and then knock down a few. That's all I have to do. So I bowl, and boom, I knock down seven or so. Easy money, bowl again, SPARE! WOOOOO! All I need to do now is just bowl and hit 4 pins and the game is mine. So I bowl, and I hit 6. WINNER! Finals: Josh 169 Mom 167 Dad 165 Too close for comfort. So basically as you can see we now have heated rivalries and we all are looking forward to next Sunday when the rematch happens. Bragging rights for the week on the line, but the bad/good thing for this week. We all won a match, but Dad probably claims the rights to brag with 8 strikes in a row. I gotta give my props to him for that. Good job Dad, oh and Mom love you too. :) Even with those miracle come backs.

1 comment:

Ryan and Staci said...

Oh boy let the games begin! :) Josh you need to practice during the week so you can just beat them - but then again dad does always do well at those kinds of games and mom you know she was the bowling all star back in the day....hehehe