Sunday, February 7, 2010

Oh the places you go.....

So while on my mission I missed a lot of things. There would be far too many to mention here and just now. However I will mention one because that is what this blog post is about. There is a place very near and dear to my heart which I have been thinking about lately. The place is Southwood park. In fact, pretty much every time I drive by there I find myself looking out at the soccer field where I have played many beautiful games of frisbee. You will also find me looking at the tennis courts where Dodge and I had many a heated match, and many a heated discussion whether the ball was in or not. It's also the place where traditions have been started. Well mostly just the tradition of decorating the Southwood tree at Christmas time. It's our park, and I love it.

I have been thinking lately as to why I love this park so much. I have come to the conclusion it is because I associate the things that I love so much with this park. That place where I play my favorite sport, the place where I hang out with my favorite people, and the place where I go when everything else is gone. Every weekend throughout all of junior high and high school you would find me there. It was one of the last places I visited before I left on my mission and my very first night home, I actually went there. In my last area of Vacaville we had a park named Southwood, and I would pass by there every chance I could just because it reminded me of the park here in Murray. Probably ridiculous I know, but it's me. And I am very happy about that.

I recently was reunited with my park in a game of ultimate frisbee. This post is probably a little late, but last Saturday I got to play once again ultimate at Southwood. It felt just like coming home again. The people were different, the weather was cold, and I was quite out of practice. However it all came back fairly quickly, I made new friends, and it doesn't matter if the weather was cold because we've been there before. Moral of the story, I missed a lot of things while being gone. I am glad to be united with at least one of them for the moment.


(This is a picture of the park in Vacaville, yes I threw the frisbee around while I was there. It had to be done.)

1 comment:

Collie and Zach said...

Guess you will probably buy a house by there someday. You just forgot though....You have never hung out there with me so does that mean I am not one of those important people you discuss..haha just kidding!