Monday, January 4, 2010

My little Buddy

So when I was about 7 months into my mission I received a phone call early one morning notifying me that I was an uncle! To a beautiful baby boy who was named Easton. I was so excited, you can ask my sisters I have waited far to long to be an uncle and was so excited to be able to have this title. I was at the same time bummed for I knew that it would be a long 17 more months until I actually met this little guy. He would probably be walking and talking, and have a huge personality all of his own before I even met him. Well quicker than I thought the day came that I met little Easton and it was everything I thought it would be. Instant love for this little guy, sure he cried and cried the first time I held him but that was to be expected, right? Well I have been home for almost a month now and I have gotten to know him a little bit, and he now knows me well enough to point me out if you ask where I am. Anyway this post goes out to him because of the lost time we had. We are trying to make up for it now so I thought I would write about him, and his funny things he does.

So basically Easton and I drive each other nuts, and we get along great doing it. He does the funniest things. He is a real cutie and I like him a lot. One of the things that Easton and I can agree on is the game hide and seek. In fact it's one of the few games we play well together. He loves tight spaces and I try to go and find him. When I find him I run away and he comes chasing after me. He's such a funny duck and we play this game almost every time we are together. Another thing we can agree on is that we love Sammy. As you can see she is very patient with the both of us. Because despite driving each other nuts, I think we drive Sammy even crazier. This picture was while Sammy attempted to take a nap. It didn't last very long. Easton made a slide out of her, and it wasn't long before she got up and moved.

Speaking of Easton and Sammy, have you ever seen the cartoon Calvin and Hobbes? Well Easton is Calvin and Sammy is Hobbes. It is so funny. They are always together and have quite
the relationship because of it. I can just imagine them dreaming up all these schemes and plans and attempting to go through with them, then getting in trouble and trying to find ways out of trouble. It's super funny when Easton will tease Sam by getting food and running real close to her then running away fast as she tries to grab it out of his hand. It's also funny when Sam wags her tail real hard and will go stand right by Easton whose face happens to be at the perfect height to get whacked by it. They make quite the team, and are the best of buds.

Easton and I also like to play the Piano together. He loves to watch the keys as they move up and down, he loves to go under the piano when I play, and he loves it even more if I play real loud. As always Sammy (A.K.A. Hobbes) is never far away. He dances funny, by bobbing up and down and loves when I sing the Goldfish theme song. He loves goldfish so I sing it while he eats them. Overall Easton and I are good buds. He is such a stud and I love him.

3 comments:

Ryan and Staci said...

I think we will keep Easton around for a while.... :)

Collie and Zach said...

Oh Josh you are a crack up....we all love you too!

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

I love the photo of you and Easton at the piano!!!