Sunday, October 28, 2007

Colorado Rockies

Another great season of Americas past time has come to an end this evening. Another glamorous season with all of it's ups and down, twists and turns, heartache and misery, joy and jubilant celebration. The Boston "Stinking" Red Sox have one another world series this time at the expense of the Colorado Rockies. In a 4 game sweep this team looked immaculate, and dismantled the Rockies. Kind of what I watched happen to my 2004 St. Louis Cardinals. So here's my tribute to possibly one of the greatest come back teams in history.With 13 games to go in the regular season the Rockies were 6 games behind the Padres and the Phillies. After pretty much most of the country counting them out they came back and won 14 of their last 13 games beating the Padres in a playoff game to see who would go to the playoffs. The Colorado Rockies then swept through the playoffs beating the Phillies, and the Diamondbacks, becoming The Cinderella team and Americas sweetheart at the same time. They became my favorite team in the playoffs and I watched all of their games. With a great defense and a solid offense they were so fun to watch. My sister Collie and I would get excited on game days and baseball once again became my favorite past time. With that being the last game i'll get to watch for two years I would love to say that i'm proud of the Rockies cause when no one believed in them, they did it. They never quit and should be able to hold their heads high after a stellar season. This post goes out to the Rockies, and one of the greatest baseball seasons ever.


GO ROCKS!

No comments: