Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Over or under 26?

The Utah Jazz will be ok.  The Utah Jazz always are.  It's me that i'm worried about.  Don't worry I think i'll make it too.  I mean we remember 26-56 right?  We remember Carlos Arroyo, Raul Lopez, Kris Humphries, and Gordon Giricek right?  And the thing is I like this team a ton better than I like any of those guys so that makes it better.  The point is the Jazz have been through some rough seasons, and they will go through some more rough seasons.  It's like I have been saying this past week, it's easy to love the idea of rebuilding in the off season.  But to stick to it, and carry it through that is what makes it tough.

The thing is I like this Jazz team.  I think they are good and I don't even really mind that they are 0-4.  I like the effort, and I have liked the play so far.  All this is even before Trey Burke hits the floor for his first regular season NBA appearance.  That is the biggest gaping hole that is noticable on this team.  I like the pieces we have.  I like our starting five, including Richard Jefferson.  I like Alec Burks off the bench, and I think he will continue to thrive in that role. 

As a fan I try to be just that, a FANatic.  I try not to voice what I think the team ought to do, because it's like listening to the dog bark, no one wants to hear it.  So all I will say is this, I sure hope that Trey Burke is awesome.  I don't mean that I hope he is awesome the instant he steps on the floor because I know that won't happen.  He is a 20 year old out of Michigan.  He will make mistakes, miss shots, and have turnovers.  No I don't want him to be awesome from day one.  I want him to be awesome at game 53 after he learned from earlier turnovers.  I want him to be awesome in years to come hitting 50% of his shots and assisting 8 times a game.  I want him to be the type of point guard our young guys need.  I will also say this, good NBA teams have good point guards.  There are no if's ands or buts about it.  Good teams have good point guards, or people that can play the point guard position and direct an offense, hit open guys, and hit open shots.  The Jazz lack solid point guard play through the first four games of this season and it shows.  But I think it will get better.  I think that is all I will say about that. 

So the whole point of this is just to say that we will make it through this season no matter what happens.  82 games in and 82 games out.  I'll be there, and i'll be here in April too...still wearing my Jazz shirts i'm sure.  So as always Go Jazz!


No comments: