Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Macy and I have spent 3 weeks teaching our Sunbeams that each of our bodies have a spirit and that is what makes us alive.  The Lord has better ways to teach us than just mere words.  It is often the littlest and most imperfect bodies that teach me that it is not the body that makes a person live.  

The strongest of spirits can be housed in the littlest body, and without ever saying a word, I was taught courage, strength, perseverance, and humility.  It takes just one lesson for me to see that bodies will yield to spirits, not just spirits yielding to the body.  It takes one brave example to help us glimpse heaven in ways we haven't seen before.  

After all it is by small and simple things that great things are brought to pass.  

Isn't that right?  Haven't I heard that before?  I just didn't expect the smallest to teach me such great lessons.  I am so thankful that it is our spirit that makes us alive and not our bodies.  


Big spirits can be housed in tiny imperfect bodies. 


No comments: