Sunday, October 12, 2014

Spiderman plays Soccer

Mace and I went to Easton's soccer game yesterday and we were both pretty excited about it.  Easton is a good little soccer player, and he love's to do it.  Most of the time when we are together at my parents house Easton and I will always end up playing one on one soccer or football.  We have done soccer many times and so I know he is good.

Yesterday at his soccer game I was watching him and he was doing so good.  He runs hard, and plays hard and does a good job.  And when he was on defense the other team did not score a goal on him.  I was super proud of him.  I noticed something else that Easton was really good at while I was at the soccer game. 

Flash back to our backyard soccer games... whenever East and I play soccer I am always pushing him when he has the ball.  Not hard shoves but I just get close and bump him and make it hard for him to dribble and score.  Whenever I have the ball I am always bumping him and moving him because other wise he steals the ball from me so fast which I don't want to happen either.

Now Fast Forward to yesterday's soccer game, I noticed that Easton is especially adept at bumping, small body shoves, and staying close to his man on defense.  This is part of the reason he is so good on defense.  He may be small but he is not afraid to get in there and mix it up with the other bigger kids.  Who would have known that he learned those things from me.  As soon as I saw them though I knew exactly where he got them.  Needless to say I was one proud uncle.

Easton is definitely mine and Mace's little buddy and we love our Easton time.  He is quite the Utah Utes, and Utah Jazz fan too.  In fact the Utes and Jazz have never lost when I was watching the game with him somewhere.  He came this year to a Home Utes game which they won, last year to a home Utes game which they won, and we took him to a Utah Jazz home game last year which they won.  We also watched the UCLA vs. Utah game on conference weekend, and Easton stayed up for the whole thing...and the Utes won!  I call him my little good luck charm. 

No comments: