Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today I feel lucky

So 3 months ago, while eating at a delicious small Chinese restaurant I received the delightful end of meal fortune cookie. Thanks Chinese restaurants for the hook up. As of late I feel fortune cookies aren't so much fortune cookies, but rather suggestion cookies. What, with things written on them like follow your heart today, or happiness is a choice, it's easily to be disappointed by the lack of creativity. Which is why it was so nice and refreshing to receive written on my fortune,

"remember three months from this day, your lucky star will be shining."

I read that and was instantly excited for 3 months from that date. The date I received this fortune was 1/20/11. So the date 3 months from then just passed, 4/20/11, so I thought I would tell you about it, and how it truly was one of the luckiest days of my life.

It was a Wednesday. I woke up at my usual time, and went to school. I was in the best parking spot in the parking lot and didn't even have to back up to get out. I took University Parkway to school, which I never do, but it was my lucky day, and I knew that if any day I wouldn't have to wait at stop lights it would be that day, and I only hit 1 stoplight. I got a call surprise call form Macy walking to class just to wish me a happy Wednesday. I went to math and all the problems I didn't finish we went over in class. We watched a movie in Botany. I talked to my sister Staci. I got a 8/10 on my anatomy quiz. I studied for probably 5 hours. Went home watched Real Salt Lake tie against Mexico. Talked to my parents. Macy came over just because she wanted to hang out. :) I was able to sleep under the same roof as almost all my best buddies and it rained for a large portion of the day. I consider myself to be very, very lucky.

So thanks Chinese restaurant for predicting one of the luckiest days of my life. Luckily for me though, tomorrow looks to be about the same type of day. :)


Lucky me.

No comments: