Friday, December 3, 2010

Today during my Genetics lab, which runs from 10:00 to 10:50, there were 6,908 people born according to the world population counter in the science department at Utah Valley University. That equates out to a little over 138 people born every minute, and over 2 people born every second.

That is more people born in 50 minutes than I had in my high school.

That is more people than currently live in Kanosh Utah.

That is more people than my room ates, Preston, Brock, Myself, Alvin, Andrew, and Jordan, have as friends on facebook combined.

That is more people than were killed in the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001

That is a lot of people. The crazy part is, it only takes one person to change lives. In the past 50 minutes who has been born? What will all these people become? What will they do to change the world?

It only takes one person to change my life.



My thanks goes out to this AWESOME commercial and the Utah Valley University population counter for inspiring this post. Also I hope that another Micheal Jordan has not been born in the last 50 minutes unless he will play for the Jazz.

1 comment:

Ryan and Staci said...

Well i'm glad you were born Josh! That is a lot of people....you smartie! Good luck on your finals!