Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sweet, sweet summertime

In the past my summertime has consisted of early morning runs, lazy afternoons, movies, friends, late nights, frisbee, and lot's of unwinding before another long grueling school year. This summer however has not been what I am used to at all. This summer has consisted of 2 things, work and school. For the past 2 weeks however with school out, and another semester staring me right in the eyes I had to live it up while I could. I came to call it the shortest, long lived summer I have ever had in my life. Plenty was said and done, so here's my post to sweet summertime. A list of a few of the things I have enjoyed, and some pictures to go along with it.

1. Spending time with my family (First and foremost)

2. Since not being able to boat at Utah Lake, swimming at Utah Lake

3. Catching up with friends

4. Villiage in turning off their grills at 2 A.M.

5. So going to IHOP at 2 A.M.

6. Watching Brock consume chicken fingers at 2:30 A.M.

7. Hiking Mt. Olympus in the dark

8. Almost quitting because I thought the top of Mt. Olympus would never come

9. Peacing to the East, literally

10. Getting back to the car, and finding Brock sound asleep

11. Fishing on the Provo River

12. Almost drowning in the Provo river

13. Ultimate Frisbee!!!! (This could occupy a few number as I played
a few times, but i'll just mention it once.)

14. Having Baydon come to town

15. Meeting Brittany

16. Having a lazy summer afternoon

17. Taking a long nap

18. Heading off to California

19. Driving all day with Baydon again


20. Riding a horse named Cody in Woodland California

21. Watching the reaction as I surprised Marian by showing up on her doorstep.

22. Eating Lunch with Sister Wannberg

23. Going to the beach

24. Freezing to death in the Water

25. Playing Frisbee in the cold water

26. Eating pizza with Brother Forbush

27. Driving to Eureka for the 48th time

28. Enjoying a night at the Mikkelsens

29. Seeing Marco Kypta

30. Still laughing as we passes our 2,000 mile of the trip

31. Getting home at 3:30 A.M. and still having to clean up

32. A pool party

33. Listening to Trevor Searle laugh

34. Rounding things up with a spur the minute fire




I should mention also because I loved it so much, that although not in this two week time frame, part of my summer was definitely Bear Lake. All in all it was on heck of a summer, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

Ryan and Staci said...

Looks like a great summer! I love your posts....good luck with moving today - and you are going down in fantasy football! :)

Lindsay said...

Great pictures Joshua! I'm glad you finally got to play instead of all of that work and school you've been tied down with all summer! See you at Southwood? :)